Monday 23 May 2011

OK, Crumpets. Now you've done it. After promising myself I wouldn't fall into the trend of Facebook and Twitter... you've got me by the short and curlys. I guess thats why they say 'if you cant beat em - join em'.

I'm a sell out - all in the name of food. I've saved my voice from screaming in the kitchen to tell you what I really think.

I'll be writing about -  Tried and tested recipes, restaurant reviews, where to buy local and sustainable produce, tips and tricks of the trade, and all things that inspire me as a chef.

Like most things I start, Im either in... or out. So, I'll be updating the CrumpetClub Blog daily. So roll your sleeves up, come follow me - and get your hands dirty.

Everyone can cook food that tastes yummy - it doesn't need to be over worked and fussy. The best meals are cooked in ONE pot, 'One pot wonders' I like to call them. Cooking food slowly is always worth the wait. Chef Rick Stein RULES MY WORLD with his clear, simple philosophy on fresh ingredients, sourced locally without all the bullshit that make most chefs look like try hards.

Keep It Simple Stupid!

I've been lucky enough to travel the world a little bit - mainly Asia. I have a secret love affair with Thai and Vietnamese cuisine - and some of the best meals I've eaten have been sat on a milk crate on the side of a street, served out of one-pot. When in Asia, or in any other country - Don't be a fool. Eat like a local!

Look out New York - I cant wait to get lost in your concrete jungle.

Come follow me, Crumpets!

MattyBee x


Some Pics from the archive...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  Coconut poached Ocean Trout w green mango salad -Pic by Shine By Three - GIDEON Shoes media lunch.

Bloody Mary oyster shots - Pic by BOY MOMENTS 
 
Torched marshmallow skewers and macaroons - Pic by BOY MOMENTS

No comments:

Post a Comment